Thursday, October 18, 2007

Youtube Applet

Using YouTube's GData API I managed to create an youtube viewer applet for awn. It is written in python, and actually I only modified code found at this post on arstechnica.com to work with awn. The applet simply contains a search box, a treeview to show the search results, and then a frame for showing the video. It searches a recently indexed (I believe up to the minute) list of all youtube videos available, so unlike the iphone version of the site (which I tried to just embedding that webpage in an applet (which didn't go well)) it will feature up to date videos.

I will post it on the awn-forums soon for anyone who wants it, but first I want to work out some issues with it (as I don't know python, so they do exist) and possibly add some features.

Here is a short video of it.

No comments: